Covid-19 Guidance for Weddings from September 24, 2020
The current guidelines allow for ceremonies and small receptions only.
- Ceremonies should be kept as short as possible
- Singing, chanting and playing of instruments should be avoided
- A maximum of 15 people should attend ceremonies, and only where there is space to socially distance. This includes the wedding couple, but you don’t have to count registrars, staff or anyone else working such as a photographer.
- Social distancing of at least two metres, or one metre with mitigation e.g. masks, should be practised at all times between different households
- Receptions are permitted, with only 15 seated guests in distanced groups of no more than six people (single households including support bubbles can be in groups of more than 6).
- The Walnut Tree Inn will need to keep a temporary record of visitors for 21 days, in case they need to be traced
- Guests should be encouraged to wash their hands, or sanitise regularly and all children must be kept under control and also have their hands cleaned regularly.
These are brief summaries but full guidance can be found here: